What is it?
This pioneering training programme will provide you with training and authorization to practice as a Certified Running Technique Specialist®. It is designed to enhance your professional knowledge and coaching expertise and add to your existing job, business or skill set.You will learn the in-demand skill of analysing running biomechanics and, more importantly, the unique training methods to changing running technique, increasing efficiency and reducing risk of injury. Knowing the techniques behind coaching movement is one thing. Being able to change people’s running technique and apply this coaching knowledge is another. By taking part in this programme, you will become an expert at both.
Programme Features & Benefits
When you have completed your education and practical training, you will have the confidence and skills to analyse, re-educate and refine running technique and help athletes with performance training. You will also gain the knowledge and practical experience to offer group sessions and coaching.
You will receive a comprehensive training manual with both theory and practical session plans. You will also receive a library of videos and images of exercises. More importantly, you will gain the expertise to be able to design your own sessions according to the needs and goals of your clients.
This gives you the option to set up in business or add to the services you already provide at your current clinic or centre.
- Become a Certified Running Technique Specialist®
- Be listed as a Certified Running Technique Specialist® on The Running School website*
- Become a Certified Dynamic Movement Skills Coach
- Receive leads in your territory
- Training manual on methodology and theory
- Technique training sessions & programmes to use with your clients
- Practical exercise handbook
- Movement & running analysis documentation / templates
- Access to video resources for learning and coaching
- Coaching log to record ongoing coaching hours
- Dynamic Movement Skills systems (mat, DVD & manual) (worth £300)
* Upon completion and verification of the required coaching hours
Who is it for?
This course is for health practitioners, coaches, and fitness professionals who would like to develop and refine their knowledge and coaching skills in this area. Some of our current Master Coaches include:
- Personal Trainers
- Strength & Conditioning Coaches
- Sports Coaches
- Athletics Coaches
- Minimum of 5 years working or coaching experience in a health, fitness or sporting field
- Training and qualification in one of the following areas:
- Physiotherapy qualification
- Sports Rehabilitation qualification
- Chiropractic qualification
- Osteopathic qualification
- Level III Personal Training qualification
- Sports Science Degree or similar
- Strength & Conditioning Specialist qualification
- Anything equivalent to the above
*Note: If you feel that you are suitable for this course, but do not meet the above criteria, apply and explain why you feel you would be suitable for the programme. The Running School will make each decision on a case-by-case basis.
Pricing & Payments
£4,750 Inclusive of VAT. A £1,995 deposit can be made in advance to reserve your place. Interest-free monthly payments are available.