Learn how you can help your patients to determine the biomechanical cause of their running injury and prevent future injury without investing in expensive software and equipment. The Running School methodology will teach you how to analyse movement dysfunction both dynamically (while running) and through movement.
This course is based on the movement methodology, developed by Mike Antoniades, which focuses on movement biomechanics in running and how it affects the kinetic chain. Particular emphasis will be placed on analysing the biomechanics using Video Analysis and Functional Movement Analysis and then correcting movement dysfunction through movement re-education, movement re-patterning and muscle activation.
At the end of the course the participants will be able to:
- Identify inefficient or incorrect movement patterns while running through video analysis
- Identify inefficient or incorrect movement patterns using a Functional Movement Analysis
- Understand the basic causes of running injuries
- Understand normal joint biomechanics and muscle activation during running
- Identify the problems with various running styles
- Understand movement re-education
- Correct basic running technique