Who is it for?
This course is for health practitioners and professionals who prescribe rehabilitation after injury/surgery, for neuromuscular disorders and for movement dysfunction in adults and seniors:
- Physical Therapists
- Rehabilitation Specialists
- Sports Therapists
- Sports Scientists
This course will take you through a unique and functional approach to rehabilitation and will focus on re-educating movement patterns interrupted after injury, surgery or inactivity. You will learn a series of functional techniques that you can immediately use in your practice.
This movement re-patterning methodology has been developed to educate the neuromuscular and proprioceptive systems, not only on how to move, but how fast to move thereby enhancing movement efficiency, movement performance and injury prevention.
First, you will learn to analyse movement patterns using the DMS Functional Movement Analysis. This will teach you how to spot uncontrolled, inefficient and compensatory movement.
You will then learn a series of techniques and exercises that are designed to correct the firing sequence within the CNS, correct the transition time within the CNS, develop motor control and improve overall functional movement. The movements are progressive from simple-to-advanced patterns and from low-level-to-high-level. You will learn and experience basic movement re-education to functional neuromuscular stimulation, to dynamic movement development.
It is a very practical-based course with lots of physical participation in order that you can fully understand the correct technique and experience the physical effects of the movements.
- Understand the theory behind the Movement Re-Patterning for Rehabilitation methodology
- Understand movement & motor re-education after injury or surgery
- Learn how to analyse movement patterns using the DMS Functional Movement Analysis
- Understand, spot and correct compensatory and uncontrolled movement
- Learn techniques for movement re-patterning: Walking, Backwards Walking & DMS Rehabilitation Exercises
- Learn methods for functional muscle activation & recruitment
- Learn methods of stimulating the nervous system
- Gain an understanding of how to test functional movement using DMS Functional Movement Analysis
- Re-education after injury or surgery
- Sensory motor amnesia
- Neurological issues – stroke patients, cerebral palsy
- Seniors – Falls Prevention
- Muscle Activation & Recruitment
- Kids Movement Dysfunction
What Do You Get?
- Handbook including presentation slides on theory
- Discount on any DMS manual or system
- Certificate of Attendance